BuildCalc is a calculator app for construction professionals, not for:
- teen-agers wanting to share 10 second video clips with their friends
- singles looking for a new way to meet that special someone
As such, I am going to have to state everything here twice – once for us regular folks and a second time for Google. So here we go.
BuildCalc does not access your personal or sensitive user and device data, such as:
- Personal identifiable information
- Financial and Payment Information
- Authentication information
- Location services (GPS, Device Location)
- Call data
- SMS (text) data
- Health data
- Address/Phone book
- Inventory of other apps
BuildCalc does save its app state (like rise, run, pitch, preferred unit system, etc.) but only locally (on your device) so, when it starts, it can pickup where you left off. Just like pretty much what pretty much all apps in the iOS App Store and Google Play, if BuildCalc stops working, your device’s operating system will send crash report data (what kind of crash, where was the crash in the app’s code, and what make/model device crashed) to Apple or Google, respectively. Again, I don’t do this – it’s a feature of Google Play and the Apple App Store so if Google has a problem with this then it’s their own darned fault.
- ANDROID ONLY: ANDROID OS + GOOGLE PLAY COLLECT DEVICE AND PROGRAM STATE DATA (which is a form of use data) WHEN APPS CRASH, FOR THE PURPOSE OF IMPROVING APP RELIABILITY. This is an approved use case (per Google’s Private Policy Requirements) and they share that data with the app developer so we can make the apps better. Do they collect more information than that?
Lastly, just like any other feature of BuildCalc, let me know if you think you’ve got a use case where you think me collecting information from BuildCalc might be useful to you and I’ll consider it.